Assassin’s Creed is a series of captivating games, which have won its fans with graphics, immense character options and captivating story.
This series of historical adventures video games is considered to be the most successful and popular in this genre. It had huge commercial success and millions of people around the world keep playing it. At the same time, it has made significant influence over modern mass culture and education.
Assassin’s Creed has become history book of Medieval and Modern Period for a significant part of modern young people. This series peculiarity is a captivating and realistic visualization of historically important architecture monuments which had not been saved till present time.
The unique by its nature series includes:
- Assassin’s Creed tells us about third Crusade of XII century. The game shows wonderful visualization of Solomon temple, assess the beauty of Syrian castle Abu- Al- Nukwod, the tower of Masiaf or Damask city, speak to Al Silaah market owner – Tamir. The game character will visit big cities of ancient times located at Holy land;
- Assassin’s Creed II, Brotherhood and Revelations bring gamer to a unique époque of Renaissance. In Assassin’s Creed II the character will visit unique Rialto bridge, connecting the banks of Grand channel, main historical monument of Florence of XV century Santa Maria del Fiore Cathedral, the Saint Mark area in Venice and do sightseeing of small Toscana city San-Jiminiano. In Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood one can assess the beauty of Roman Coliseum. When playing Revelations it is possible to access the beauty of Saint Sofia Cathedral in Istanbul;
- The third game of Assassin’s Creed Unity series is devoted to French and American Revolutions – the end of XVIII century. Here the gamers can see Notre Dame de Paris;
- the fourth game of a series, released in 2013 is devoted to pirates Golden Century ( the middle of XVII and the beginning of XVIII centuries;
- Assassin’s Creed Rogue is a story of well-known Seven Years war of 1756-1763. The gamer will Northern Atlantics covered with ice, New York City and Appalachian river valley.
The Ubisoft company, the releaser of popular game series, states that many people perceive video games as an interactive textbook, helping to get to know the historical monuments and help people to see the life of past centuries.
The real visualization of historical units is the Ubisoft priority
Boys and girls are more likely to see history with their eyes than reading text and historical books. The Ubisoft studio professionals’ team understands the responsibility they have. Wishing the people to know actual history and the atmosphere of specific period the company invites highly qualified experts and historians for cooperation:
- Mike Loades is a well-known writer and historian, specializing at weapons history. He has been selected as a consultant when creating the fourth part of game series – about pirates;
- Jean Vincent Roy is an official history expert of UbiSoft Company in Quebec. Jean has conducted thorough work when Assassin’s Creed III has been created;
- Maria Elisa Navarro is a professor of architectural history. She has been consulting during the entire period of second series creation.
The historians- consultants help to restore the cities with maximum accuracy. The great attention is paid to architectural monuments and units for the restoring of which various historical documents had been used, such as buildings plans, their images and cities drawings. It is practically impossible to find differences, comparing real photos and virtual architectural monuments.